School of Poisson Geometry
IMPA, Rio de Janeiro, December 02 – 06, 2019
***Official hotels and agencies should never contact participants of our events (unless participants have contacted them first), please be aware of hotel scams.***
The school is organized by Paula Balseiro (UFF), Henrique Bursztyn (IMPA), Alejandro Cabrera (UFRJ), Matias del Hoyo (UFF), Thiago Drummond (UFRJ), David Martinez-Torres (PUC), Maria Amelia Salazar (UFF) and Daniele Sepe (UFF).
Lectures of the school will be structured around three main topics:
– Introduction to Poisson geometry (PG)
– Poisson geometry and mathematical physics (MP)
– Lie groupoids (LG)
Introduction to Poisson geometry:
Lecturer: H. Bursztyn, D. Sepe
– Foundations (basic examples, local structure, symplectic leaves, etc).
– Symplectic groupoids.
– Dirac structures and applications.
– Jacobi structures
Poisson geometry and mathematical physics:
Lecturers: P. Balseiro, A. Cabrera, I. Mencattini, D. Sepe
– Poisson brackets in classical mechanics
– Classical integrability and bihamiltonian systems
– Quantization and symplectic groupoids
Lecturers: O. Brahic, M. del Hoyo, T. Drummond
– Lie algebroids and groupoids.
– Multiplicative geometric structures
– Lie groupoids, Morita equivalence and stacks
– Obstructions to integrability
Postal Address: Instituto de Matemática Pura e Aplicada
Estrada Dona Castorina 110, Jardim Botânico
Rio de Janeiro, RJ, CEP 22460-320, Brasil