The Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics develops initiatives for the dissemination and popularization of mathematics, either through institutional and promotional events, or encouraging and spreading of scientific culture in the Brazilian society.
- IMPA Portas Abertas
- Festival da Matemática
- Prêmio IMPA-SBM de Jornalismo
- Semana Nacional de Ciência e Tecnologia no IMPA
- Semana Nacional da Matemática 2020
IMPA also promotes two great academic projects to public and private school students that aims to stimulate the study of Mathematics and also to look for new talents. In addition, develops a collaborative project for didactic books, in an open source platform that allows a constant update for multiples partners.
- Olimpíada Brasileira de Matemática das Escolas Pública
- Olimpíada Brasileira de Matemática
- Livro Aberto de Matemática
Due to Covid-19 pandemic, the presential activities of popularization of mathematics organized by the Popularization of Mathematics Coordination were suspended for undetermined period.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org