XX Brazilian School of Probability
ICMC/USP, São Carlos, SP, July 4 – 9, 2016
The year 2016 marks the twentieth edition of the Brazilian School of Probability. Over the years, the EBP series has been instrumental in shaping the directions and interests of Brazilian probabilists, and has contributed to the vigorous growth of our area in the country. Strong international participation has been both a major cause and a positive consequence of these developments. The same is true about the continued support EBP has received from funding agencies and major academic institutions in Brazil.
As in previous years, the 2016 EBP will consist of five and a half days of minicourses, plenary talks, contributed talks and poster sessions, all presented in a relaxed atmosphere. This will be our first edition in the São Carlos Campus of the Universidade de São Paulo (USP), which is home to one of Brazil’s top ranked Mathematics departments.
The 2016 EBP will be held in the “Instituto de Ciências Matemáticas e de Computacao” at the University of São Paulo at São Carlos. Please check the map below for the exact location (in red). Some nearby hotels are also marked; those marked green have a special EBP fare.
Local and Scientific committee
Daniel Ahlberg (IMPA)
Paulo Faria da Veiga (ICMC/USP) – coordinator
Sandro Gallo (UFSCar)
Manuel Alejandro González Navarrete (USP)
Ines Armendariz (UBA)
Eric Cator (Radboud University)
Maria Eulália Vares (UFRJ)
Paulo Faria da Veiga (ICMC/USP) – coordinator
Roberto Imbuzeiro Oliveira (IMPA) – coordinator
Bernardo Nunes Borges de Lima (UFMG)
Leandro Pimentel (UFRJ) – coordinator
Daniel Remenik (Universidad de Chile)
Luiz Renato Fontes (IME/USP) – coordinator
Ofer Zeitouni (Weizmann/NYU)
Daniel Ahlberg (IMPA & Uppsala University)
Random coalescing geodesics in first-passage percolation
Ricardo Fraiman (U. de la República)
Set estimation from reflected Brownian motion
Simon Griffiths (Oxford/PUC-Rio)
Quenched Voronoi Percolation and related Noise
Marcelo Hilário (UFMG)
Independent bond percolation on Z2 with one-dimensional inhomogeneities
Florencia Leonardi (USP)
Neighborhood selection for discrete Markov random fields on graphs
Pierre Nolin (ETH Zurich)
Frozen percolation in two dimensions
Fraydoun Rezakhanlou (UC Berkeley)
Periodic Orbits for Stationary Hamiltonian Systems
Miklos Rácz (Microsoft Research)
Basic models and questions in statistical network analysis
Serguei Popov (Unicamp)
Lyapunov functions for countable Markov chains
Short Contributed Talks
Students Poster Presentation
Call for contributed talks and posters
Deadline: May 10th, 2016.
EBP 2016 will feature poster sections and a limited number of short contributed talks on probabilistic subjects. Interested participants are welcome to submit an abstract following the instructions below.
1. You must be registered at EBP prior to sending your abstract.
2. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com by May 10th, 2016. The body of your email message should contain your name and affiliation, the title of the submitted work, and whether you would like to give an oral presentation. A LaTex source file (in standard format) containing name, affiliation, title and abstract should be attached to the email, along with a pdf generated from the source file.
3. Acceptance for each category of presentation will be communicated by 25th. As noted above, the number of talks is limited and the selection will be done by the organizers. All presentations deemed relevant for EBP which are not selected for oral presentation will be accepted as posters.
List of Registered Participants
The organization of the School has a limited number of fellowships for researchers and students. The deadline to apply for financial support is May 1st, 2016, with answers to be out by June 1st, 2016. All applicants should fill in the registration form.
Students applying for financial support should also submit a short Curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words *Support (last name)* in the subject lime. They should also arrange for two letters of recommendations to be sent directly to that email address, with the same subject.
Sponsors and Supporting Institutions
- XIX Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2015
- XVIII Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2014
- XVII Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2013
- XVI Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2012
- XV Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2011
- XIV Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2010
- XIII Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2009
- XII Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2008
- XI Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2007
- X Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2006
- IX Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2005
- VIII Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2004
- VII Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2003
- VI Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2002
- V Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2001
- IV Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 2000
- III Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 1999
- II Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 1998
- I Escola Brasileira de Probabilidade – 1997
Postal Address: Instituto Nacional de Matemática Pura e Aplicada
Estrada Dona Castorina 110, Jardim Botânico
Rio de Janeiro, RJ, CEP 22460-320, Brasil